- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: Wednesday, 05 March 2014 11:39
- Written by Lisa Hunter-Romanelli
- Hits: 8696
The REACH Institute is dedicated to ensuring that the most effective, scientifically proven mental health care reaches all children and families.
Led by national leaders in child psychiatry, psychology, and pediatrics, REACH arms individuals and institutions with the best, evidence-based therapies to improve the mental health of children and adolescents. We train pediatricians, family practitioners, child psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurse practitioners, school personnel and parents and their advocates in the most effective therapies, from psychotherapy to pharmacology.
According to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Science, it takes an average of 18 years for medical innovations to reach patients. REACH and its scientific partners believe that this time lag can be reduced to less than three years, giving more than 3 million young people a real chance for happier, healthier and more productive lives.
Expanding the “reach” of today’s knowledge is what we do.
REACH’s four-step process
REACH uses a four-step process to reduce the time that it takes for state-of-art science to reach local communities:
- Identify and validate the highest-quality scientific findings
- Adapt new interventions to make them family- and child-friendly
- Quickly disseminate and implement these proven interventions
- Empower local communities to sustain change process through ongoing access to REACH’s latest programs, training materials and technical assistance